Je veux recevoir cette page par mail pour la lire plus tard
There’s a water scarcity in the country. As Chile depends a lot on its natural resources, it is a matter that is very important and closely monitored. Many questions are raised, and not all have clear answers:
- The lithium mining business has a direct impact on the water resources. Sources: Fundacion Desert de Atacama, fima, cfcn, Deutsche Welle,
- The nucleus containing the brine is not connected to the fresh waters and thus the lagoons with the flamingos: the government and the mining companies support that theory, the NGOs, the communities the contrary, and the scientists don’t know for sure. Sources: 1, 2, 3.
- The flamingo populations have gone down drastically since the beginning of the mining activity: cfcn.
- The precautionary principle might apply. Source: here.
- Corruption problems might alter the end results. Source: here.